May 14, 2007

words of wisdom.

"Don't wait to go to the doctor. that is dumb. you are not being strong. you are being dumb. Being sick does not make you weak. Being sick and not doing anything about it makes you dumb."
- my doctor whose name i can't remember


The doctor said those exact words to me today and it was kind of awesome. And i'm going to go ahead and say he is correct. And that I've been miserably sick for over a week...when if i would have just gone to the doctor like everyone told me....i would have felt so much better. Like i do now...well getting there. He did tell me i had the worst sinus infection he's seen in his 23 years of being a doctor which is awesome. I mean if you're gonna be sick, you might as well be REALLY sick. (note my competitiveness) He also said if i had waited one more day I would have had a sinus infection as well as pneumonia because everything was draining into my lungs. Which sounds so appealing. So he gave me some super concentrated anti biotic, some steroid...weird, i agree....and some other dug i have to take every 4 hours, which is a little bit annoying.

anyway, drugs and sleep that's my new motto.
They are both beautiful things.

No comments: