May 23, 2007

testing your faith.

I can't tell you how many people thought I was strange for going to a different religion's church service. First of all...i was going to support one of my students, which i don't care where she was i'd go hear her sing. But if you're secure in your faith why on earth does it matter if you go or not? I know what i believe and i believe it with my whole heart...listening to someone else's twisted view of the God i serve does not sway me in the LEAST. I'm a firm believer that you cannot argue something you know nothing about. If i don't know what someone else believes how on earth could i tell them they are wrong? If someone made an uneducated or uninformed judgement of Christianity i would not give their argument the time of day. The more i learn about other religions the more I'm convinced of the loving, gracious God i serve. Someone that's scared to hear the religious views of others, i would think, needs a faith check.

James 1:3-4 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I dont know about you, but i want to be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If that means testing my faith by hearing someone else's religious views and then figuring out how they differ from mine...briiiiiing it on. =)

No comments: