August 27, 2008

Savannah day 2

Day 2 was great. I met the high school staff and hung out with them for a bit.
Took a tour of the campus...it's really nice.
they have a brand new student building called the Link...super nice. Only like 2 years old.
The student ministries offices are in the building which is cool.
the team is made up of the team leader, who is also the high school guy.
A junior high guy and then the 2 discipleship pastors (one for junior high and one for high school)
A ministry assistant and a administrative assistant and those 2 do everything that isn't "patoral"

I had my official interview with the senior pastor...(which is found out i went to college with his son and dated his son's roommate...ha) The executive pastor and then the department head.
it was pretty intense but in a really good way.
I appreciated that the senior pastor took the time to meet with me and grill me with questions.
Showed me how much he values his staff and how carefully they hire.
The interview went super well.

After that dinner with the student ministries team in downtown savannah which was super fun.
I really like everybody. Almost everyone is married...which is kinda different.
After dinner came back and crashed...the time change is killing me.
So far so good.

No comments: