August 09, 2008

Bayside day 1

just got to my hotel room after a FULL day of interviewing!
I'm up in Sacramento (Roseville) interviewing at Bayside Community Church...which is rad because Lincoln brewster is their worship pastor and AWESOME.
my flight left this morning and my incredible friend wendy dropped me off! I got here after about an hour long flight! KJ, the high school pastor picked me up with his wife l, Brooke....who just happens to be the same Brooke from survivor Guatemala...I was way more impressed with her than him! Ha!
Had such a great lunch talking and getting to know them!
After lunch I got a tour of the student ministries office and KJ and clint gave me a tour of the area and a chance to pick their brains about bayside!
After that KJ and I sat down for a one on one...which was great. I really like him!
Then we met up with the head of human resources and KJ's boss for my "official interview"
I felt really great about it and very comfortable talking with the three of them!
After that I went out to dinner with gill, their weekend guy, and his wife stacey and
it was SO GREAT!! She and I totally connected!! It was super fun talking with them about ministry and bayside and just life in general!
After that we went to gill's house to meet up with the rest of the staff and watched the UFC fight!
And now I'm in my fancy hotel room!
Such a fun day.
I'm meeting their missions pastor for coffee at 7:45 and then their high school service followed by big church with Lincoln leading worship!
Really great day. Really strange to think of my team having services without me!
Excited for services tomorrow and flying back for camp!!
What a crazy weekend!!!!

No comments: