August 10, 2008

Bayside day 2

so i'm sitting in the Sacramento airport waiting for my flight to LAX to
meet a volunteer who is driving me straight to camp!
what a weekend. ha.

Bayside was great. the staff was wonderful and i totally met people i felt instant friends with! Today i had coffee with their missions pastor...she's so great. Very real, very down to earth...she let me fire off questions i was hesitant about asking...so it was great. After that I went to the High School service which was really cool. Totally different than what we do in HSM but still really great....i met some great students...it was really fun.
After the high school servie i went to their main service which i LOVED. totally, totally rad. Lincoln Brewster led worship and was incredible...just as i'd heard. The message was on integrity and was phenomenal...just the whole experience was great. i would TOTALLY go to church there!
After church they all took me to lunch at a really great mexican restaurant and then KJ and another staff guy they call Nemo dropped me off at the airport.

a lot to think about...but totally a great experience.

now i'm heading to a week of camp and REALLY hoping my bags made it on the bus. :)

No comments: