August 29, 2007

Sheesh.

What do you do when you feel like a failure? Those of you that have been in ministry longer than i have...please share your thoughts. I am HIGHLY relational....you should know that. i LOVE my students with my whole heart....i can't help it, i just do. Well what do you do when a kid you love completely and have poured a year of your life into turns and runs the other way and acts like the entire last year didn't even phase them? I know i plant the seeds...God makes them grow...obviously...but my heart is broken and i'm just sad, i can't help it. I know i can't force students to make good decisions or go down the right path...but its soooo heartbreaking to watch. How do you make yourself be okay with watching a student you love just not get it? it's been a rough couple of days...just a lot of personal struggles and a couple of hard things happening at once.... I would appreciate the prayers for clarity and discernment.

4 comments:

Mariah Snyder said...

call me!

Allison said...

I'm so sorry, friend. I hate this feeling. I hate this for you.

I think, in this situation, you just love that student...for whomever they are in that moment...you care for them and remind them that you are available...and pray for them like crazy...

Anonymous said...

I always think about how much God loves us. How hard it must be for him to watch us do dumb stuff.

Wendy and I are praying for you.

Unknown said...

I think you have to continue to love them, even if they stop loving you or stop loving Jesus. The past year has made a huge difference in her life, know that for sure. You've got to keep praying for her and subtly influencing her from a distance.

And if/when she comes back around, love her like the old days.

JG