November 10, 2008

Love.

i still have my saddleback email account and i check it occasionally and today read an email from rick about love....

"IF you are serious about becoming a truly loving person, a pro at love, a world-class, five-star lover --- your love WILL BE TESTED! Fake love wears out. Real love endures. It is only when your love is tested and stretched, that it grows to maturity."

I'm noticing this even in my friendships. My real friends, the ones that really love me and really support me and really want to be a part of my life WILL BE...no matter where i live or what's gone on between us. And that's been terribly obvious these last 2 months. Real love endures...it doesn't wear out.
Love is a big word...don't say it unless you mean it and you're really willing to endure.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I LOVE you!

Allison Murray said...

i know. :)

those mitchells said...

Hey girl! Patrick and I know exactly what you mean. A lot becomes clear when you have to work at a friendship across the country! Thinking of you and SCC....

Phil Chenery said...

I'm glad I called yesterday otherwise I'd feel super guilty! I miss you tons, sorry I'm bad at showing it!!