June 16, 2008

Crazy Night...

I had dinner with my small group tonight for the last "official" time. 

there's 17 girls total...but only 11 could make it tonight. We spent a good 3 hours doing affirmations which was just unbelievably powerful and heart wrenching. 
To hear those girls say what they love about each other and hear how they've influenced each other this last year reaffirmed my deep, deep belief in the power of small groups. Let's just say quite a few tears were shed. It was awesome.

At the end they decided it was my turn to be affirmed and it nearly ripped my heart out. With my internship ending here shortly i'm not really sure what next year looks like...which breaks my heart. 
The things those 11 girls said to me tonight refilled and refueled my recently empty, worn out heart. I had a conversation with one of my girls that ended with her bringing up this:
I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
Revelation 2:2-5

That's what I want to be. That's how I want to finish this internship. 
I love my girls so much. 

2 comments:

Allison said...

So it took a second for the page to load. All I saw was "I had dinner with my girls" and the top picture...I was going to say, you had dinner at 1000 Pines?! And then I realized that I am stupid...

Mariah Snyder said...

I'm so glad the night was amazing! And that verse couldn't be more perfect at this point in your life! Hang in there my friend! I know God is TRULY proud of you!! I'm so glad it re-fueled you!!!!!! love you!!!