June 28, 2007

graduation.

So i went to mission's graduation last friday and realized, once again, just how privileged I am that this is my JOB. But then after a little talk with my host family over dinner just now I realized this is so much more than my job. its kind of a lifestyle. I feel like the majority of my "work" in the lives of students isn't done from 9-5. And that's the part that i LOVE. I think that's one of the most important things i've learned out here so far is that you can't be halfway in student ministries....you're either 100% devoted to students or you're not. You can't sorta love students....you have to love them with your whole heart and i definitely do. There's nothing in the world i love more than watching a student grow. i loooove my job. i love my team. i love saddleback. i love knowing this is what i was made to do. God's so rad.




1 comment:

Heather Leith said...

JP! THAT'S JP! SHE WAS MY CGROUP LEADER!